Wednesday, April 17, 2013

 
1st trimester is now over!  Week 13 is the beginning of the 2nd trimester, which is a relief!
 
 
 
 
Sorry for the poor quality of the picture....until Patrick gets his real camera set up on our computer, these will be iPhone pics!  Plus this was after the Braves game....
 
The baby is now about 3 inches long, and has been compared to:
 
 
a KIWI
 

 
a PEACH

 
 
and even a SHRIMP!
 
(All the shrimp pics were too gross, couldn't bring myself to post one!)
 
 
 
During week 13, I have the following updates on little Baby Kirby:
 
 
Head is now only about 1/3 of the body, versus being the largest part before!
The vocal cords are forming, along with baby teeth!
Bones are beginning to form in the tiny arms and legs.
Intestines are now moving from the umbilical cord where they form, into the belly.
Fingerprints are already formed on those tiny baby fingers!
He or she can open and close it’s fists, and can make sucking movements with it’s mouth
The kidneys and the urinary tract are now functional.
Soft hair called “lanugo” is starting to cover the baby’s body.
 
 
And as for me at Week13.....
I don't want to jinx myself but the morning sickness seems to be improving.  Hopefully I'll still be saying that at the next post!
I'm still pretty tired most of the time, definitely am having more trouble staying up all night at work!  Baby is not a fan of night shift....that is when the  nausea still seems to flare up.
My clothes are starting to fit differently.  I haven't bought any maternity clothes yet, but I only have certain shirts I feel comfortable wearing in public!  With all my friends and family, everyone knows that "pudge" is a baby forming, but to everyone else I just look chubby....
Nursery color picked, paint is bought!  It will be a neutral silvery grey called "Sparrow," and Patrick can claim the honor of finding the perfect color.  :)  We will bring in lots of color and fun with accents once we know whether baby Kirby is a he or a she!
 
Patrick and I have decided to take on the adventure of cloth diapering.  The environmental aspect is wonderful, but the financial aspect is even better!  I'm lucky enough that one good friend at work does this with her daughter who is now 10 months old (time flies!) and my other good friend at work who is currently pregnant plans to do the same.  So, I have some go-to people that will help along the way. 
 
See y'all next week with more updates!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment