Here is my 19 week picture...again after a dinner of Mexican food...maybe I'm beginning to see a pattern :) I think it is actually starting to look like a "real" baby bump now!
Baby Boy Kirby is now around 6-7 inches long and approximately 8.5 ounces. This means his size can be compared to:
Baby Boy Kirby's Week:
- The hair on his head is starting to grow! (I hope it's curly like his Dad's)
- His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
- Brown fat is starting to develop (it will continue to develop until delivery); this helps give him energy after delivery!
- He now has more control over the movements he makes, like kicking, rolling, etc.
- Right now, he is only awake for about 6 hours a day.
- I'm starting to feel him move! It's very cool. Took me a while to figure out what I was feeling, because in my head no one's descriptions fit...
- The round ligament pains are still there occasionally, but nothing that is bothersome.
- I read that numbness and tingling is normal right now in hands and feet. I don't feel it all the time, but have noticed that my hands and feet tend to "fall asleep" faster if I don't move enough.
- Back aches are starting. Might be time to buy a belly band! And a pregnancy pillow...