Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Big News.....!

Hi to all friends and family who read my occasional blog posts...sorry I haven't been better about updating!  But now there is finally some news worth blogging about.....





There will be a new Braves fan joining us in October! 



My due date is October 21, 2013 which means I am currently12 weeks pregnant.  Patrick and I could not be more excited about this next step in our lives, and I hope to share the progress with our friends and family through this blog.  That means hopefully I'll be updating much more frequently than before!

I plan to (try) and post weekly pictures along with some details about the baby.  If anyone has any requests/suggestions about items to include in these posts, please share!

To start out, here is my first US picture from my 6 week appointment where the pregnancy was confirmed:



At this 6 week point, the baby was only the size of a grain of rice.  But if you look closely, you can see tiny little buds where the hands and feet will form!  We were able to see a tiny flicker inside the chest, which was the heart beat.  At that point I was feeling great, only tired!


I went yesterday for a checkup and got another US.  A HUGE difference between 6 weeks and 12 weeks!!




At 12 weeks the baby is now about 2 inches long ,and is compared to the size of a plum.  Amazing how you can already see the forming of the eyes, the nose, the mouth, etc.  All looks good at this point, the doctor says no signs of any problems!

As my body has been working overtime to grow this baby, I continue to need a lot of extra sleep!  And all the hormones have unfortunately given me some trouble with morning sickness.  But as I move out of the first trimester, I hope this will improve!  Luckily Patrick has been wonderful at picking up the slack for me around the house. 

My next doctors appointment will be in about one month, and they say we can probably find out the sex at that appointment....can't wait!!  In the meantime, here are some pics of my "baby bump," which right now just feels to me like a full belly which means it takes me 3 times as long to find outfits I feel comfortable in! 




And a very cool side note....a good friend at work found out she is pregnant and we have the same due date....what are the odds?!  So I look forward to comparing our pregnancies as this goes along...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so excited to be able to keep up with both yours and Whitney's pregnancies through blogs!
    Enjoy every moment-it all goes by so fast

    ReplyDelete