Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week 14 is here!
 
 
 

 
 
I can't believe it has been a full 10 weeks since I told Patrick I was pregnant!  It has flown by.  And we still have so much more to do! 
 
 
 
Baby Kirby this week:
 
  • Hair is staring to grow on the baby's head, and eyebrows are starting to form, too!
  • The skin is very translucent right now, so all the veins would be visible.
  • The head is now about the size of a gumball, and is continuing to become more proportionate to the rest of the body.
  • The baby's arms are now the proper length for it's body, but the legs are still a little short!
  • Eyelids are formed, but they are fused right now....but baby can still begin to move it's eyes around.
  • Bones are mostly formed at this point, but will continue to harden throughout the rest of the pregnancy.
  • The kidneys are functioning and making urine, and meconium (the first poop) is forming in the intestines.
  • And my favorite:  the baby can now frown, grimace, squint, and make other faces!


And about me.....
 
I think I'm finally over the worst of the morning sickness!  I still have a little nausea, but no more throwing up.  And although I am still tired, I am finally starting to feel like doing a little more around the house and doing some errands.
 
Which means Patrick and I can finally start doing some shopping for the baby, which I am SO excited about!!  Now if we can just find the time between our work schedules.....
 
The big items we hope to pick out soon:  the crib, a light fixture for the nursery, and a rocker/glider.
 
Then in a few weeks (once we know the sex of the baby) we can start looking for more accents, bedding, etc for the nursery.
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment