Catch-up: Week 22!
Sorry guys, with all the home repairs and packing going on I got behind with my updates!
This week's picture is actually from 2 days before I officially turned 22 weeks, but its the closest I have.
Baby Kirby's size isn't going to be changing very much over the next few weeks (especially the length). He is still about 11 inches long, but now weighs about 1 pound! So he can be compared to:
1 Lb Bag of Coffee Beans
Baby Boy Kirby's Week:
- He is growing, but is currently very skinny! He will spend the remainder of his time in their packing on the pounds!
- His grasp is becoming more coordinated, meaning he may begin to grab his umbilical cord.
- Hair is now growing on his tiny head, but with no pigmentation is currently white!
- The brain is currently going through some rapid growth and development.
- His eyes have fully formed, but just like his hair, the iris has not developed color yet.
- This little guy is now awake for 10-12 hours a day; last time this was mentioned he was only awake about 6 hours a day!
- We were able to go see Moon Taxi at Riverbend on June 14, and had a blast! The pic from this week is after that show. Baby has had the pleasure of seeing this band a total of 3 times, and I think he is beginning to recognize their music when I play it at home and in the car. :)
- The round ligament pains are becoming more prominent, although I still feel them mostly when I'm first stretching/getting up after sleeping and sometimes when I cough/sneeze.
- The back ache is getting worse, and the leg cramps are awful at night! But I did break down and by a pregnancy body pillow called the Snoogle, so hopefully that will help!!
- Not much progress on the name yet, but I hope that soon we will have time to work on that.