Thursday, May 2, 2013

Week 15!!

Week 15

Sorry, no pic of me this week!  Mine and Patrick's schedules didn't match up well enough to catch a pic early in the week.  Promise there will be one next week!

Rewind to Week 14 for a second!!

I noticed that I didn't post all the info I wanted to for Week 14.  (Thanks to the pregnancy brain I guess..)

Baby was about 3.5 inches long and compared to the following items:

A Lemon:



A Nectarine:


And a human fist:





And now on to Week 15!

Baby Kirby is now about 4 inches long and compared to the following items:

An Apple


A Beefsteak Tomato

A Pear


and An Orange!


New developments for Baby Kirby in Week 15:

  • The legs are now longer than the arms!  All bones are still hardening.
  • Fingernails and toenails are growing
  • Bones in the ears are hardening, meaning the baby will be able to hear us talking!
  • The thumbs are now allowing baby to grasp
  • Tiny taste buds are forming
  • Little baby can now hiccup, even though I can't feel much yet
  • Eyes are beginning to perceive light through the eyelids

New Developments for me in Week 15:

  • Nausea is pretty much gone!  My accu-pressure bands are like my safety net though...I can't quite leave the house without them yet!
  • So that energy boost I keep reading about in the 2nd trimester....definitely has not hit yet.  Maybe never will since I work nightshift and have a crazy schedule...
  • Definitely starting to notice the "bump" now....don't have any maternity clothes yet but luckily I've never been one to wear tight clothes, meaning most things still fit.  :)
  • Beginning to feel slightly overwhelmed at all we have to do!!  I feel like the time is going by so quickly, I need to get moving on making some decisions.
  • Have gotten some wonderful cloth diaper info and resources from several friends, and am very excited about ordering some soon!  Just a little more research...
See y'all after the weekend with a Week 16 update!

1 comment:

  1. And I, Kendall Sterling, am the luckiest person in the world because I get the rub the baby bump. Love ya Ash!

    ReplyDelete