Week 24 Catch Up!
So sorry that I keep getting behind! Barely making this post during Week 24, tomorrow (Monday) will officially start Week 25. We had a lot going on this week. Patrick started work in Chattanooga, so he has been in TN all week. My mom came to stay with me in Atlanta while he was gone. It was my last week of work at Northside Forysth :( which was hard. But I had my last check up with my OB in Atlanta, and baby Kirby is still doing well! And on the house front....we let our Realtor use the house for a home tour in Westview this past Saturday (June 29). We actually received two offers on the house after the tour, before we even put the house on the market!! So we are currently under contract and awaiting inspection/appraisal. And as of last night, I'm in Chattanooga for good. Well, besides some visits to gather last minute items from the house, sign papers as needed for the house, etc. As I said, a lot going on! So no picture for this week. But I promise to post one in the next few day with my week 25 post.
Baby Boy Kirby
He is about 12 inches long right now, and probably weighs about 1 1/3 pounds. That means he is:
The same length as a foot-long hot dog or foot-long sub sandwich!
The size of an ear of corn
The size of a cantaloupe when he is all curled up :)
Changes for Baby Kirby this week:
- Lungs are continuing to develop and surfactant (helps baby's lungs work correctly) is developing.
- He is still super skinny at this point, but from here on out is supposedly going to gain weight and fill our pretty quickly.
- His ears are continuing to develop and hearing is becoming better and better!
- I read that as of this week my uterus is about the size of a soccer ball! No wonder its getting a little harder to bend over to put on socks and no wonder I'm feeling a little more out of breath!
- The swelling is still pretty minimal, but I'm going to get fitted for some compression socks soon, just in case!!
- Sleeping is hit or miss; some nights I sleep great and only have to get up for one bathroom break. Other nights I toss and turn forever and feel like I'm going to the bathroom non-stop.
- I did find out for sure over this past week that part of my issue with the throwing up has been reflux. My doctor recommended I try a stronger over the counter med (starting to take Prilosec vs. Pepcid) and see what happens....I can always try a prescription if needed.
- Definitely feeling him start to be much more active. I'm really enjoying feeling him move so much! Its still just occasionally that I can let someone else feel him during the hours I'm up and around because it is so sporadic. But Patrick can pretty much count on being able to feel him move either before we go to sleep, when we wake up, or both! Every once in a while, I can actually see my belly move when he moves, which is cool but a little creepy!
- Over all, I can't complain at all! Now that we are officially in Chattanooga, I feel like Patrick and I can really start to enjoy the pregnancy. (AND PICK OUT A NAME! Its driving me crazy not having a name for this little guy yet!)
Talk to you again shortly with my Week 25 update!!