Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Week 19

Week 19!
 
Here is my 19 week picture...again after a dinner of Mexican food...maybe I'm beginning to see a pattern :)  I think it is actually starting to look like a "real" baby bump now!
 
 
Baby Boy Kirby is now around 6-7 inches long and approximately 8.5 ounces. This means his size can be compared to:
 
 
Heirloom Tomato
 
 
 
Softball
 
 
 
Grapefruit
 
 
 
 
Mango
 
 
Baby Boy Kirby's Week:
 
  • The hair on his head is starting to grow!  (I hope it's curly like his Dad's)
 
  • His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
 
  • Brown fat is starting to develop (it will continue to develop until delivery);  this helps give him energy after delivery!
 
  • He now has more control over the movements he makes, like kicking, rolling, etc.
 
  • Right now, he is only awake for about 6 hours a day.
 
 
My Week:
 
  • I'm starting to feel him move!  It's very cool.  Took me a while to figure out what I was feeling, because in my head no one's descriptions fit...
 
  • The round ligament pains are still there occasionally, but nothing that is bothersome.
 
  • I read that numbness and tingling is normal right now in hands and feet.  I don't feel it all the time, but have noticed that my hands and feet tend to "fall asleep" faster if I don't move enough.
 
  • Back aches are starting.  Might be time to buy a belly band!  And a pregnancy pillow...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment