Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Week 17

Week 17!!

Once again, another week has flown by!  These moments are going by so incredibly fast, I can only imagine what it will be like once Baby Boy Kirby gets here!



This has been an amazing week....we now know we are having a little boy!  I can't quite describe the feeling of having yet another confirmation that there is really a tiny life growing inside me....I guess surreal is about as close as I can get!

Baby Boy Kirby is now about 5.5 inches long, and weighed in at 6 oz as of this past Thursday.  I've read the following size comparisons:

The Palm of your Hand



A Baked Potato



A Pickle

And An Onion


Baby Boy Kirby's week:
  • Joints are movable, so I hopefully will start feeling him move very soon!!  There was one night about 2 weeks ago where I am fairly certain I felt him turn...but I can't wait for more regular movements!
  • His sweat glands are now developing
  • Now that his little ears are formed and in place, loud noises can startle him!  But the more he hears and gets used to now, the better he will sleep when he gets here with us.  :)
  • Adipose tissue (that cute baby fat!) is forming now, so he will start getting a little more chubby
  • The umbilical cord is growing in length and becoming thicker to keep up with the growing baby!

My Week:
  • The nausea is still being held at bay most of the time....
  • I keep reading that the frequent peeing should be getting better.  But it definitely isn't for me!  But at the US on Thursday, they said he is sitting way down in the bottom of the uterus right now, which I would guess means he is still putting more pressure on my bladder.  Hopefully he will move up a little soon!
  • The tiredness is still there too, but I'm kinda used to it now!
  • I got my first set of cloth diapers in the mail!  It was a sample pack with one Fuzzibunz, one BumGenious, and one Kawaii.  I think I have ruled out Fuzzibunz, but I love the other two!  So looks like I will get a variety of BG and Kawaii in both snaps and velcro.  Now to find all the good online distributors...
  • Went to a friend's baby shower, and had so much fun seeing everything she got!  I was mentally taking notes!
  • Now that we know we are having a baby boy, I am looking forward to start picking out some stuff!!  We think we are gonna do shades of orange and grey in the nursery.
Talk to you all next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment