Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Week 18

Week 18!
 
As usual, time is flying by.  Another week gone, another week closer to Baby Boy Kirby's arrival.
 
 
The pictures are getting hard to do...I never feel like they turn out well!  This one was after a day of sleep (I worked last night) and a dinner of Mexican food....
 

 
 
Baby Boy Kirby is now about 6 inches long and between 6-7 ounces.  This means he is compared to:
 
A Dragonfruit
 



A Bell Pepper
 



A Sweet Potato
 



Baby Boy Kirby's Week:
 
  • He is moving and flexing his arms and legs quite a bit!  I'm so ready to be able feel these movements....hopefully soon!
  • Yawning and hiccupping are common now, although I can't feel them...
  • His hearing is becoming more clear.
  • A coating on his nerves, called myelin, is forming and will continue to form through his first year of life!
  • Vernix is now coating his skin to protect him.
 
 
 
My Week:
 
  • Still tired!  But as before, I can handle that without the nausea.
 
  • Leg cramps have been killer the past two nights!  I didn't realize it was pregnancy related until I was reading some info for my post today.
 
  • My uterus is now the size of a cantaloupe.
 
  • Luckily haven't had too much swelling, maybe a small amount after working (my feet/ankles may have looked like this after a 12 hour shift before, I just wasn't paying attention!)
 
  • Skin breakouts still terrible....ready for that to pass!!
 
  • Some round ligament pains are starting I think...no sharp pains, just a soreness.  Seem to notice it more when I've been in one position for a while then move.
 
  • Sleeping is a little awkward.  I've always been a stomach sleeper, and I'm finding it hard to break that habit.  Even when I start on my side, I seem to always wake up on my stomach.  Doctor says it won't harm the baby right now, and soon enough it won't be possible anyways.  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment