Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week 16

Week 16

How is it already week 16? Only 4 more weeks to go and I'll be halfway there.  Crazy!


So I tried with the picture.  Patrick isn't the most patient photographer, especially when using an iPhone....



Baby Kirby is now a little over 4.5 inches long, which means he or she is about the size of :

An Avocado

A Starfruit


And even a Rubber Ducky!


What Baby Kirby will be up to this week:

  • Eyes and ears are moving to their permanent positions on the head, making the baby look more normal and less like an alien!
  • Patterns are forming on the scalp, even though hair isn't really growing much there yet
  • Back muscles are strengthening, which is allowing baby to begin to try and straighten out a little. All measurement right now are crown to rump (head to butt) because of the way the baby stays curled up.  These forming muscles will soon allow those measurements to be the actual length of the baby!
  • The tiny little heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood every single day
  • The umbilical cord is now fully formed between the baby and the placenta which gives the baby all its nutrients.
  • Baby is breathing in and out on a regular basis, although it is currently breathing amniotic fluid and not air (He or she won't have air in the lungs until after birth)
My week so far:
  • This little baby has now stretched my uterus to the size of a melon!!  No wonder I have to pee so much!  Although I hear that should get a little better soon....
  • This past weekend we took Baby Kirby to his/her first music festival....Shaky Knees here in Atlanta.  Wasn't the best weather, but we had a blast with some friends visiting from Nashville.
  • Nausea continues to be held at bay....thank goodness! 
  • My regular jeans no longer really fit....at least not comfortably...luckily I got a few pairs of stretchy waist jeans from a co-worker!  And my Memaw bought me my first full maternity outfit this past Friday... thank you!!
  • I ordered a sampler of the three brands of cloth diapers I am considering using, and I can't wait to get them!  I will post pics when they get here.

  • Next update....gender announcement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment