Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's A............

On Saturday we had the pleasure of attending a friend's baby shower in Chattanooga, TN.  It just so happened that we had a 16 week ultrasound scheduled for the Thursday before.....so we decided to make a day of the Chattanooga trip and have a Gender Reveal Party with our families.

We went to our US on Thursday, and explained to the US tech and the doctor that although we did want them to look for the sex of the baby, we did want them to tell us right then!  Instead, we had brought an envelope with a card for them to write down what they found.  :)  As we were leaving the office, we stopped at the information desk and asked the volunteer to call a friend who was making the cake and tell her the gender.

And then comes Saturday....Patrick and I are so lucky.  We have a wonderful immediate and extended family who chose to share this special moment with us!  We had a few snacks, and then cut the cake!!  Here are some pics to tell the story....




Starting to cut the cake...can you tell I was slightly excited!?


Seeing the inside for the first time....



Pulling the piece out...


And it is definitely BLUE!


IT's A....


And to finish this post off....I cannot even put into words how lucky I am.  I grew up with a kind, generous, and loving Mother who taught me trust in myself and trust in family.  I have two amazing Grandmothers who cared for me as I grew up and encouraged me throughout the years.  I have amazing Aunts who have all been wonderful examples to me.  And then to top it all off, I somehow added a wonderful Mother-In-Law (and grandmother-in-law) that treats me like I've always been a part of the family.  I can only hope that I take all I have learned from this outstanding group of women, and use it to raise this little boy in a loving home where he will be treasured.  

And now that I'm sitting here crying happy tears.....Happy Mother's Day to you all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm crying happy tears too...and I'm not even pregnant! What a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you two! Can't wait to see you at your FCC baby shower.
    P.S. I'm expecting an invite, ya know!

    ReplyDelete